Who doesn’t love Pizza?!
Whether you're a meat lovers fan or just looking to double down on protein. Sub out sausage or bacon on your favorite pizza recipe for your favorite Biltong flavor and prepare to have your taste buds blown… Follow the steps below for one of our favorite pizza recipes! We've also got suggestions for the perfect toppings for each flavor of biltong in our line up. Grab a combo pack and try all three!
How to Make a Pizza:
Step 2: Stretch 1 pound dough on a floured pizza peel, large wooden cutting board or parchment paper.
Step 3: Top as desired, then slide the pizza (with the parchment paper, if using) onto the stone or baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Short on time? Buy dough from a local pizzeria and do the following.
Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds. Top each with 1/2 cup crushed San Marzano tomatoes, dried oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil; bake until golden. Sprinkle with 1/2 pound diced mozzarella, torn basil, and salt. Layer with your favorite flavor of Biltong. Bake until the cheese melts, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Need Some Inspiration with Toppings?
Spanish Inspired Pizza with Biltong
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup manzanillo olives or other green Spanish olives, pitted
- and halved
- 2 oz of Spicy Peri Peri Biltong
Garlic, Herb, and Biltong
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese (whole milk ricotta works too)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove any excess moisture
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (about 8 ounces)
- 2 oz Garlic Biltong
Caramelized Onion and Biltong
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, thinly sliced and caramelized
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup farmer's cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 oz Original Biltong
Pick up a Combo Pack and try all three!